Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What is Gourmet ?

So many people have this strange concept that when they hear the word Gourmet, automatically think food and yes, I am guilty, I did to for many years; until I realized that it’s not all about the food.

“Gourmet” to me is about so much more. It's about taking advantage of every opportunity that life throws at you...some examples: If you get sushi take out, get some cheap sushi dishes (if you don't all ready have them) and use them...if you get Chinese takeout ..Again, take the food out of the containers and use chopsticks to eat, drink your morning juice out a wine glass. Take your shoes off and walk in the grass or stomp in a puddle...when was the last time anyone colored with crayons? (Without your kids!)

Dance when no one is looking, dance when they are, and dance while brushing your teeth, turn your car stereo up loud and sing out loud and make sure the windows are DOWN! (That is my favorite and I do it all the time!) Stuff like that is what also what "gourmet" means to me and why I use it in my name! A friend once said to me “I am here for a short time, not a long time” and I have lived those words, I try to live each day to it's fullest.

I promise this blog will also be about FOOD, ah man do I love food. I love making it, creating new recipes and when traveling eating out and I will bring those places to you.
Matter fact creating a new receipe tonight. Seafood Stuffed Sole with a lemon butter caper sauce served with grilled veggie salad topped with goat cheese. Report back later!

Happy Eating
Bermuda Gourmet Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment