Monday, April 6, 2009

A Note From the Goddess

I know it has been some time since I have posted anything and the Goddess apologizes for that, however the Goddess has been a funk lately, I got some, well, not so good news from home.
And now I am taking off today to head for home to say goodbye to someone who has been in my life for 39 years and means the world to me, my granddaddy!

He is a great man, patient, kind, thoughtful, silly, funny, loving, generous, supportive and he loved his moonshine.

Don’t feel sorry for us, he might have lived a simple life, but yet he lived a great life, he wanted for nothing and gave his all in everything he did. He has shown me what kind of person I want to be, that I strive to be. He will be missed and remembered, not only by me, but by anyone he has ever came into contact with and I am so very grateful for every moment that I was able to spend with him.

One saying has helped the Goddess get through this…”And in the end, it’s not the years in your life, it’s the life in your years” And he has had so much life in his years!

Thank you for understanding and I promise The Goddess will be back creating some Lip Smacking recipes in no time.

What is one of my favorite saying? You only have one life, live it outlooud and live it well
The Bermuda Gourmet Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment