Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chicken Wings and Burgers baby!

Of course my first stop home is always Tarks, you can consider it somewhat of a dive, but who cares when they make the perfect chicken wings!

I always start with steamed clams and what I love is that they do not “over” steamed; the clams are still plump and juicy and you can taste everything there is needed to taste about a freash clam...the brine, the freshness, the clam. Next on to the wings, perfectly fried, hot with a side of nuclear sauce, at this point I think I have found the perfect wing, which I am always on the hunt for No you don't understand if you have never been to Tarks and have had their wings, there is something special about those wings. I think it's the double frying! I guess I stop looking for the perfect wing...but will not stop eating them!


 World Famous Le Tub Burger
We never leave home without going Le Tub, this is by far my favorite dive, perfectly set on the water, not one table can accommodate a party over 5 people, the menu is hand written on paper and photocopied, no frills, no nonsense, but damn good food…11oz sirloin burger to be percise, this thing does not need anything except the burger and the slice of American cheese that comes with it as you are eating it the juice is running down your arm and face, it;s pure hamburger heaven and only for true burger purist! They also serve other items, like the seafood salad, that is lightly dressed with a ranch Caesar dressing with scallops, crab and shrimp, if I didn’t ALWAYS get the burger I would get that instead. I have to say the burger wins every time though, it is just that damn big juicy burger!


So DivaMOM and I tried a new place this year, SAGE in Hollywood Florida, a French style restaurant and I was hesitant about going to a “French” restaurant at first (not that i dislike French food, i love it, but I kindof stay away from "stuffy" places) but we investigated and a friend highly recommended it. Glad we went because we have an amazing Appetizer fest there.

Started with the Truffle Risotto, yes they shaved the black truffle in tableside, they had me at truffle!
Creamy without over powering with a bunch of cheese, the rice perfectly cooked, the crème de la crème, shaved truffles, simplistic and amazing.

Then went on to Carpaccio topped with arugula and since I love truffles the server shaved a little on mine too. Beef was ruby red and thin, super tasteful and another dish that relies on the natural flavors and simplicity

From there DivaMOM and I both had the escargot in a light white wine cream sauce with mushroom served in a puff pastry, it was ok, the escargots were cooked perfectly, however the puff pastry was stale or over cooked but it was pretty much a hockey puck.

The last of the Appetizer tasting, was two different crepes, how can one go to a French restaurant and not have a crepe…so  DivaMOM had a spinach and goat cheese and I had the seafood, they were both very good, however, at this point we have had our fare share of food and wine for the evening so we both took a couple bites and could not get through the rest of it, once again food had defeated me (just like at Le Tub, damn that burger).

Being that there are so many other places to try I can honestly say I don’t think I would be headed back to Sage in a hurry again, don’t get me wrong the place was good, and I would recommend for anyone to go and try and make your own decisions, however being a bit more laid back, I will take my Le Tub or Tarks anyway, who can’t resist a great chicken wing or burger??!!

Keep and eye out....more to come....

Peace, Love and Pork!

Bermuda Gourmet Goddess



No comments:

Post a Comment