Thursday, October 20, 2011

Party at the Kitchen...In the Kitchen!

WOW what a ANOTHER CRAZY Saturday at THE TRIBE ROAD KITCHEN!


It started out like any other Saturday... in the kitchen about 7.30 AM to get ready for the breakfast rush and prep a menu for Brunch…we LOVE Brunch at TRK!

So our morning goes smoothly, I send Kar out of the kitchen to spend some time with her family that is visiting and I will finish Brunch and start prepping for the party for later that night. My exact words, “Kar, Trust me, I have your back and your kitchen…go spend some time with your family.”

Well no one seen what was coming next; about an hour after sending her off, something happened that if you had to put money on it you would so lose!

While searching the refrigerator for some freshly made hummus spread (to make a vegetarian sandwich for a regular customer) I opened the door with a bit too much force and the very large can of pumpkin with the lid still on it came down and hit my leg. At first I thought “well that is going to bruise” and started to carry on with what I was doing…until I felt something warm pooling in my shoe and my co-workers yelling at me.

Apparently the lid did in fact slice my leg right about my foot. Well needless to say all work stopped and the next task at hand was to get the bleeding to stop and totally clean the kitchen and rid of any food that was “exposed”, of course we had to stop service all together, there was only one hour left anyway and we were slowing down not to mention we had to clean and prep for the party...so really no biggie.

Anyway off the Emergency room for me, not bad for King Edwards Hospital, I was in and out in 90 minutes, of course I said to Doctor to hurry it up I had get back to work, in which she said you should really rest your leg tonight, yeah, not good timing I had people depending on me and things that had to get done!

So after all said and done I received 7 stitches and a tetanus shot and back to the kitchen I went!
The shot sucked the most!

So off to the party! YAY!

Truffle Lobster Mac and Cheese

Regular Mac and Cheese

Traditional Chicken Wings with hot sauce and house made blue cheese sauce, you can not beat a traditional Buffalo Hot Wing!

Pulled pork sliders with some amazing sauces and cole slaw

Hummus spread with veggies and baked pita chips

Cuban Black Bean soup with fresh salsa and crème fresh

I made sure food was flowing all night and it was such a delight to see the people’s faces when I brought something new out, their faces would light up and when they tasted it their smiles of satisfaction was approval. I did something right and I did it well!

And as any great party, towards the end of the evening…the party ended up in the, where else…the kitchen! Of course I made them all help clean up since they were in there...

All in all it was a great day and evening, the party was a success and we all learned on important lesson….TAKE THE LIDS OFF THE CANS!

And a BIG GIANT THANK YOU for the regular customer who bought me the big bottle of vodka! You know the way to my heart...that and food! What else more is there?

Peace, Love and Pork
Bermuda Gourmet Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment